【Notice of our factory tour】
Tours limited to 20 people are available. Advance bookings are required for all tours.
Japanese Tour: [4 times a day] 10:30 am–/11:30 am–/1:00 pm–/2:30 pm–
English Tour (guidance with a translator unit): [Once a day] 1:30 pm–
Bookings can be made online or by calling our bookings line.
We ask that groups and organized tours call to make a booking
[available in Japanese language only].
*Information is in Japanese language only. We do not have an interpreter.
*The English tour will show English versions of the videos and will be guided using a translator unit.
*Tours of Uonuma Jozo’s rice koji factory are available by advance booking. Please book in advance.
*Those wishing to experience the theater must book in advance together with the factory tour.
*Bookings are not required for use of UONUMA KOJI SALON. Please come directly to Uonuma Jozo.
*Advance bookings are required for the koji amazake soap making workshop (Charge: 1,000 yen (incl. tax) per person). Bookings accepted for groups of up to eight people.
*Koji amazake soap making workshop must be booked together with a rice koji factory tour. Workshop cannot be booked alone.
(For 1–20 visitors)
- ・Please adjust your email filter settings to receive email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ・You may be requested to show the email confirming your reservation at the reception desk.
(For 1–20 visitors)
- Uonuma Jozo Line
*Japanese language only
- ・9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Excluding New Year holidays)
- ・Elementary school groups and groups of more than 46 people are requested to call at least 60 days in advance.
- ・Other bookings accepted from 60 days prior to the intended visit date.
Notes on Tours:
- ・The following people are not permitted to enter the factory.
- ■People with a fever (37.5ºC or higher)
- ■People with a cough, sore throat, nausea, or other symptoms.
- ・Pease check in at the shop as soon as you arrive on the day of your visit.
(Please note that if you have not checked in at the shop 10 minutes prior to the tour start time, the tour will be cancelled.)
- ・Please make payment locally on the day if you booked the koji amazake soap making workshop.
- ・No smoking allowed on the premises.
- ・Pets are not permitted.
- ・Please refrain from bringing food and drink into the factory.
- ・Participants in excess of the number booked may be unable to take part in the tour.
- ・Visitors who have been drinking alcohol may be refused participation in the tour.
- ・Tour groups are led together. Other tour groups may include small children. Your understanding is appreciated.
- ・Please understand that the production line may not be in operation on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and on some weekdays.
- Closed on Wednesdays and New Year holidays
- ・Uonuma Jozo may also be closed occasionally on other days.